aitizaz
aitizaz, Software Engineer
Experience:  Vast exp. of troubleshooting laptop issues
17531195

I have a medion akoya laptop with windows 8 and no built in

Customer Question

I have a medion akoya laptop with windows 8 and no built in c.d rom/dvd drive. I was trying to wipe the hard drive.
I have deriks boot and nuke on a c.d. I tried it on my laptop using an external c.d rom/dvd drive which attached through a u.s.b. connection. The problem is it wont boot from c.d. I also tried using a flash key and it still wont boot. When i load up the laptop i press f2 key to get into the bios. Even when I do this and change the boot order it still wont work, Have you any suggestions as to what to do.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  aitizaz replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I amCustomerand i will be happy to help you.
when you attached the external CD/DVD Drive, did you ENABLE USB SUPPORT by going into the BIOS?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i think so because i was able to run a linux operating system from a flash key.
Expert:  aitizaz replied 2 years ago.
Simple copying the files on the USB does not make it bootable for the purpose of installation of operating system. Please read the following tutorial to prepare USB for installation of windows 8 :
http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Windows-8-from-USB