Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have a Toshiba Thrive. I have not used it since I retired

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Thrive. I have not used it since I retired 2 yr ago. I have tried 30 or more veriations of pass words I commonly use and can not open it up. Is there any way to reset it back to factory settings to get in? I am Stephen R Denton and can be reached at(###) ###-####(cell) or at***@******.*** to provide any I'd required.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will have to factory reset it which will remove all data and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this.
To do the reset
Turn off tablet
Press and hold the "+" on the volume key
While continuing to hold the "+" volume key, press and hold the power button
Tablet will start (and let go of both buttons at this time) and will give your 3 Icons. Using the volume key, select the middle Icon of the box with the arrow coming out of it. The power button is used as the "enter" key
On the next screen, arrow down to the wipe data/user info clean and factory default and hit the power button. PLEASE NOTE, THIS WILL WIPE OUT ALL SETTINGS AND INFORMATION YOU HAD ON THE TABLET.
On the next screen, select Yes for wiping all info and restore to factory.
Once this is done, select reboot and you will be brought to the initial set up.
You can then use the Thrive again
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you