Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in repairing various laptop models
50064670

How do I install the drivers on a new hard drive

Customer Question

How do I install the drivers for M3470 on a new hard drive?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Which OS is running on the new hard drive?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None. this is a new hard drive with nothing on it.
What is the exact message you're getting with the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try to install win 7 and it starts but then stops and asks me to put the drivers disk in. I donot have a drivers disk. I have downloaded what I think it is asking for but nothing works. At this point, the computer is useless.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, this is not a laptop, it is a desktop.
Are you installing fresh from a windows 7 installation disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, so I can not get in the internet with this computrer. I am on another computer.
Where did you get the installation disk from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I repair computers and have many installation disks for both Win 7 and Win 8.1
The installation should not be asking for drivers if it is a clean install. Windows installs the basic drivers to get it started, it appears to me that there is an issue with this disk.
I would suggest that you create a bootable windows 7 usb, and then boot from it to install Windows 7.
Can you try that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try that, hold on
It is 3:09 AM here, i will be going offline for today and will be back tomorrow. Please let me know the progress, i will opt out and open the question to other experts as well until i am back, and if no expert responds, then i will be in touch again.
Thanks
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Enter to BIOS settings. Set SATA controller to AHCI and then save the changes and try to install Windows 7. If it not helps change SATA controller to IDE and try again.
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to get into BIOS settings. I am ready to cancel my subscription.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every time I boot with the Windows 7 disk, it starts to install and then asks for the driver disk. From there, I don't have the disk so windows will not install. I have several copies of the windows disk but nothing works.