Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ years IT experience. A+, Net+, Security+ certified
72740154

Laptop getting media missing message when I try to factory

Customer Question

Laptop getting media missing message when I try to factory reset laptop. Acer aspire v5 122 touch screen
Category: Laptop
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! I am Aitizaz and i will be happy to help you.
are you trying to reset from within Windows or on startup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Within windows don't know how to restart from startup
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
please confirm if you followed the steps listed below:
Click Start > All Programs > Acer, then click Acer eRecovery Management.
Click the Restore tab, then Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults to open the Confirm Restoration dialog box.
Click Yes, then Start. A dialog box will display information about the hard drive that the operating system will be recovered to.
Click OK. The recovery process begins by restarting your computer, then continues by copying files to your hard drive. This process may take a while, the Acer eRecovery Management screen displays the progress. When the recovery has finished, a dialog box prompts you to restart your computer.
Click OK to restart your computer. Follow the onscreen prompts for first-time system setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mines differnt
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
OK! this requires some research work. give me a while and i will get back to you. thank you
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
In the meanwhile, please try the following solution:
1. Restart/Start your computer and at the same time hold down Alt key on the keyboard. As you press the POWER ON button and Alt key, Start tapping F10 key along with depressed Alt key.
2. Select the option "Reset to Factory Settings" from the menu that appears.
You might have to do the Alt + F10 procedure for a couple of times before you are successful.
let me know about the results or otherwise, we will try other solutions. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a new windows and everything
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need my help? i can help you with installing windows and setting up other related things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes now what
Expert:  aitizaz replied 1 year ago.
how did this option appear? do you want to install a new windows for which you have bought installation media/DVD?
Expert:  Specialist Sean S. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome back! I received your request to work with me again. Another expert has opted in to assist with the question. I'm happy to assist you if you'd prefer to continue with me again. If there is no preference, please continue with the expert above.
I'm happy to follow up with phone/text/e-mail if preferred.
Thanks!
,Sean