Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Can't hear out of my laptop speakers....they are not muted.

Customer Question

Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues.
1. Are you using Windows 7 or 8?
2. Do you see the speaker icon in the system tray, near the system time?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7...Yes, there is a speaker icon. I can hear sound when I try to test sound, but I cannot mute the speakers, either through the system tray or through the mute button on the computer (even though they seem to BE muted).
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. Are you using an external spears plugged through a USB port or the audio port? Or are you using the built-in laptop speakers?
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ack! Its working now :)
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am glad that it is working now. If you are using an external speakers, please always make sure that the speaker is plugged in firmly to the laptop port (either USB or the Audio). If you are using a built-in speaker, please make sure that the sound configuration is correct, that is, that the system is using the built-in speakers for playback.
At this point you have placed a deposit. I only receive credit for my time and expertise on the matter if you rate positive (3 to 5 stars/smileys).
It is up to you if you wish to credit me for my time or not. Your deposit if refundable should you choose you do not want to pay and just get a refund. If you choose to get a refund, please do not rate me negatively.
Here is the information on refunding:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Thank you for using our service.
Best regards,
Jess