Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been fixing computers since last 7 years
33602187

I forgot my password ***** my laptop, and can't reset password

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** my laptop, and can't reset password ***** to other computer and changed it but still won't let me sign in or give me the option to change it
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.
I'm sorry about the issue.
Could you please confirm operating system installed on your laptop? Windows 8/7/Vista or other.
Did you change your Windows Live/Microsoft account password ***** other computer?
Do you have any other user account on the laptop?
Do you have very important data on the laptop or it is already backed up?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8 I think I changed it on my mini pad no other users no important info
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.
Please follow these steps:
Step A. Restart your laptop and then try to enter your password *****
Step B: Login into your account using all small letters instead of using any or all of them using capital.
Step C: Restart your computer. Disconnect and reconnect your network cable/adapter. If you're using a router, reboot this too.
Step D: Try starting in safe mode and try to login in there
If your PC boots to the Login Screen, hold down Shift key before hitting 'Restart' button.
Step E. There are two types of password ***** Windows 8, a local user account and an online Live Account password. that windows uses.
If you are using the Online Live Account to login, please visit this website:
www.live.com
on any other device.
And log in there. If you are not able to login there, pelase change your password ***** clicking forgot your password. You can than use this new password ***** your computer.
Step F: If all of the above is not working, please tell me about the make of the laptop. HP, Dell, Acer, Toshiba or other.
I will provide you steps to restore it to factory settings.
Keep me posted.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.