Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

Need a recovery disk portable lab top. Model number

Customer Question

Need a recovery disk for toshiba portable lab top. Model number a665d-s6051. Serial number4b429455k which ones do I need to order? With windows 7
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.
Can you give me the full Part Number from the label. It should start with a code that looks similar to this PSAW0U....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Psawou-ofu033
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. With the serial and part numbers your recovery media is available from Toshiba. You'll have the option to receive it either on DVD or USB flash drive. Please go here:
https://support.toshiba.com/repair
Scroll down to the Get Recovery Media section, enter your serial number and click GO
On the next page: Step 2 - enter the last 4 characters or your Part Number
and click Continue
On the next page select whether your want DVD or USB media and
click Continue
Fill in your Shipping Information and click Continue
Enter your credit card information and complete the purchase.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I just wanted to ask a quick question about your laptop. Are you replacing the hard drive and want to restore the machine or was there some other issue. The reason I ask is that your laptop came with a recovery partition on the hard drive. Assuming the hard drive is still in working order and the recovery partition intact, you should be able to recover without ordering anything.