Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

Hello Santonu. My name is***** in the eastern United States. From reading another thread, I believe you can help me. I first need to know the costs, if any, involved. I'm living on disability after 2 long surgeries. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Santonu, I know you are capable and educated. And I know your time is valuable. I simply don't have the $50 that this seems to require. It's a laptop I have for personal use only. I'm out of work right now. It's not critical that this laptop get running again. It's just a shame to junk it. From what I've learned, there was no restore partition on the hard drive. I properly made the rescue/restore disc set months ago. I have restored many computers in the past, both from hard drive partitions and disc sets. I did nothing wrong, and this restore should have worked. My email is***@******.***. I would be willing to wait weeks for answers, perhaps we could communicate through email, skype, facebook, text messages. It embarrasses me to ask this of you, but I honestly cannot afford the payment you deserve. Please send me an email if you would be able to help. Thank you.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the error screen is all you get when you try to boot up off the restored Windows XP system, then it was not restored properly, perhaps.
Did the restore run in all ways without any apparent error?
Were the discs used to restore it all CDs or DVD discs? those usually don't have errors, even with time, aside from perhaps cracking and becoming unreadable, or badly scratched and ditto.
I suspect that your laptop may have an SATA hard disk, and require an SATA driver be loaded, and then all may work properly.
Checking the specs for the Lenovo 3000 N100 notebook at
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/migr-63472
I find that the hard drive is, indeed, an SATA hard drive.
That would appear to be all you need. Now we just have to determine (easily) what the hard disk maker and model # ***** and we can get this done in detail. (The maker and model # ***** both on a label on the upper side of all modern hard disks.)