Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

In your professional opinion what is the best laptop at the

Customer Question

In your professional opinion what is the best laptop at the most reasonable price and why?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Can you please narrow down the selection criteria for the "best" laptop? Can you please tell me your price range so that I can tell you what is the best laptop in that price range.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Jess, Well, okay. I want one that is great with different applications, the Microsoft things mainly, I just got Windows 8 and am a little lost. Price no more than $700.00.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess,
Hello answers to Dymo question and laptop question.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Please give me a moment to check the best laptop that costs not more than $700.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
II am waiting and need the dymo question right away....thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I will only answer the laptop thing, the dymo one is another question, please wait for another expert to join you there.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for patiently waiting. For this laptop requirements of yours with a budget not greater than $700, I checked 3 best laptop brands: Acer, HP and Asus. Based on your budget, there are certain models that fit your requirement and I will discuss them to you below:
Option A: Aspire R3-471T-53LA
Price Range: $599.99
You can view the specs of the laptop in this link:
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.MP4AA.007
This is a powerful laptop with Intel Core i5 processor. Core i5 processors are the second BEST processors in the market today since the TOP or best processors today are Core i7.
It is also running with the latest version of Windows, that is Windows 8.1.
It has a standard 14" display with a lot of memory capacity of 6Gig. You can maximize its RAM to 12Gig when you buy it but it is not included in the price tag of 599.99.
Regarding the Hard Disk Drive or the storage of this laptop, it is a huge 1TB. It means you have a lot of room to store your files and programs.
Option B: HP Pavilion 14t Laptop
Price Range: $599.99
Laptop Details Link:
http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-pavilion-14-14t-ab0-m7h55av-1
This is another best buy for a laptop under $700. However, this HP laptop is running in Intel Core i3 processor and that is the third BEST processor in the market. First is i7, then i5, then i3, so the latest is i7.
The memory count for this HP laptop is also 6Gig, a good capacity to ensure multitasking.
However, depending on your budget, you can get a model of this laptop with i5 processor and with 12Gig of RAM but then again, it will be above your budget already.
Another good feature of this HP laptop is that, it has a touch screen and it is running on the latest Windows 8.1 OS so you can use it like a tablet.
The HDD capacity is also huge -- 1TB which means you have a lot of room to store your files and data.
Option C: ASUS Laptop X555LB-NS51
Price Range: $599.99
Link to Laptop Details:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232376&cm_re=asus_laptop-_-34-232-376-_-Product
This laptop is also very powerful with Intel Core i5 processor and a bigger RAM than the 2 laptops I described above since it has 8Gig of RAM installed. However, it has only 750Gig of Hard Disk Drive space compared to 1000Gig (1TB) in the other 2 models above.
The other edge of this Asus laptop is that it has a dedicated video card with a dedicated graphics memory while the other 2 laptop models above has shared graphics memory.
Please note that your budget is $700 and I gave you laptop models that cost $600 only. The main reason for this is because these laptops DOES NOT include the productivity software like Microsoft Office. It means, it is still within your budget to buy MS Office software along with your new laptop.
However, if you upgrade the RAM or the processor, it will be above your budget. Regarding security software, I I highly recommend using Avast Free version if you will use this laptop at home and not for business.
MY RECOMMENDED BEST:
If I am the one to buy the laptop, I will choose the Asus laptop above since it is running on Core i5 processor with 8Gig of RAM. 750Gig of HDD is not small and it is more than enough for your programs. If you keep huge data in your computer, you can use external hard drive instead. With the dedicated video card of this laptop, you will be able to install resource hungry applications like AutoCad or Photoshop.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Jess