Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I hooked my samsung

Customer Question

I hooked my samsung laptop up to an external monitor as I have done many times before. However, I had trouble getting the samsung monitor to be recognized so I tried several different routes before I got it to work. I then disconnected my laptop and took it to work, only to find no display. I could tell the display was active because it was dimly backlit. I then pressed PN and P4 together, and the screen just went completely black. How can I get the screen to come back on? I can't even tell if the machine is trying to boot.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean pressing at the same time the two keys Fn and F4?
Can you press and hold the power on/off button on the laptop for about 7 seconds until it powers off, then turn it back on, then try again, and check?
If needed, remove the battery for a minute, then reinstall, then turn on and check.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not remove battery. I have no display in order to allow you to remote connect. I will pass on your help at this time and please don't charge me, as this has not helped me.
I'm sorry. What's the model of your Samsung laptop? Can we continue to troubleshoot the issue by replying back and forth at this web page?
Please let me know. Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd rather not continue, thanks
I'm sorry. Is there any issue? You came here asking for support, so that's why I was replying back to you. But no problem, we are canceling this per your request. If you still need help with this issue later, or with any other computer question / issue, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping for a straightforward solution, sorry. Thanks anyway and I will use your service in the future if necessary.
You're welcome. Sorry, depending on the difficulty of each issue, troubleshooting can take time, so it may require replying back and forth. OK, you can always get back to us any time as needed. Thank you.