Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a satellite p875-s7102 that will not turn on. I tried

Customer Question

I have a satellite p875-s7102 that will not turn on. I tried to take battery out for 30 secs and then placed battery back in and plugged in power cord and pressed on button. The yellow power light blocks 5 times but the computer does not come on
Help please
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Can you check your power brick, t he charger. Disconnect the cord. ( it should split in half near the brick )
Then reconnect it. And then plug the power cord in but do not try to turn on the Sattelite.
With the power cord plugged in. Does the charging light come on, or blink?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not come on
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. When was the last time you remember t his computer would turn on normally?
Also, how long have you had this computer?
And , do you remember it being dropped, or having anything spilled on it, or there being an electrical storm recently and a power surge / drop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned on this morning
Had computer for 2 yr
No to the 3rd question
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
when it turned on this morning.. I assume it was running normally? It didnt crash or suddenly shut down?
Also, are you familiar with replacing / upgrading the RAM memory?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm done. I'll take to a computer tech tomorrow
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood, Though if you were unfamiliar with replacing the ram. I can send a video. Its a pretty simple process, you only need to remove a few screws to get to the ram chips.
A lot of times with sudden failures like this, a ram chip could have burnt out or errored.
Usually, by removing one and testing, and then replacing it with the other. You can verify whether thats the problem in about 15 minutes.
If it is, the replacement ram can be bought for as low as 20$.
The cost for a computer tech ( geek squad , etc ) is quite a bit higher then that.
If you do want to continue, youre welcome to respond and I will assist you further as needed.
If you dont want to continue then please dont feel obligated to respond.
Thank you,
Dustin S.