Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I have a dell laptop that said no boot device found and I can't

Customer Question

I have a dell laptop that said no boot device found and I can't find how to get it to acknowledge the hard drive-- says in diagnostics that no hard drive
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell Inspiron 17r-5737
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.
Do you get an error message "media test failure , check cable, No bootable device" ?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Media test (fail) several times then I get No boot device found. Press any key to reboot.
I'm sorry to say I've a bad news for you.
This error message appears due to hard drive failure. The system will try to boot from the network since it is unable to detect the hard drive and thus will show the error message.
To confirm it we either check inside the BIOS utility or run a diagnostics. Your diagnostics resulted in No Hard drive. It verifies your hard drive has gone bad and needs replacement.
Please let me know if you would like to know about the hard drive replacement procedure, data recovery etc.
It would be extremely kind of you to take a moment and rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.