Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My laptop will not start what should I do the screen is bl

Customer Question

My laptop will not start what should I do the screen is black
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Please try the following and let me know the response.
Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you tried the instructions I have given? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did nothing works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hold the button down shirts off and doesn't come on again
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, 1. Unplug the Adapter and remove the battery.2. Plugin the Adapter only (not battery). Check if you get the charging LED lit on the Laptop.3. Press the power button and check if you get any response like the power LED, fan or any LEDs lit on Laptop. Then, unplug the Adapter and insert the battery only.1. Check if you get the battery LED lit on the Laptop.2. Press the power button and check if you get any response like the power LED, fan or any LEDs lit on Laptop. Let me know the response, so that I can assist you better. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power button is on and no F 12 button lights up on it then when I'm holding down the light Turns off
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you removed the battery from the computer? May I know the model number of the Laptop? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** G 4–1015 DX
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Are you able to remove the battery of the computer? Try following the instructions in the link below and let me know the response.http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g4-1000-Notebook-PC-series/5046252/document/c01443371/ Thank you.S H E F I N