Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Yesterday a tech restored my emails to my laptop but in doing

Customer Question

Yesterday a tech restored my emails to my laptop but in doing so I have now lost all my contacts.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Richard.

Depending on your email the contacts and email can be stored differently.

Can you tell me if you are using an email client to get mail i.e. Outlook etc... or are you primarily accessing your email online via a web browser only?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using Outlook

Do you know if you were using imap to connect to your mail provider or does outlook store your mail for you????If need be, I can remote in and take a look at your setup. If it's stored on your computer, then the contacts should be in a .PST file located on your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not using imap and you are welcome to remote view this.

That's great. I am able to do that now.Just follow these instructions:1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com2. Click Download for private use.3. Once the file is downloaded execute the file to begin program installation.4. Choose Basic Installation Next to 'How do you want to Proceed'.5. Choose Personal/Non-Commercial Use, when it asks how you are going to use Teamviewer.6. Click Accept Finish to complete Installation.Once the program launches, on the left it will say User ID and Password ***** provide me that information and I will be able to login remotely.Have notepad open and we can chat using that while we work.Thanks!Richard