Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I lent my friend my Toshiba a200 now when i turn it on it says

Customer Question

I lent my friend my Toshiba a200 now when i turn it on it says please enter built in hdd1 user password ***** do i reset my laptop back to factory
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.It is the hardisk/Bios password.HARD DISK password ***** the system information stored in the BIOS. The user must enter the HARD DISK password ***** order to get access to the BIOS Setup Utility in order to change the system configuration. If the HARD DISK password ***** ***** there is no way to reset it to enter the BIOS configuration.I am sorry to say the laptop needs to sent to Toshiba and will need to be serviced to have the system board and hard drive replaced.It may require Proof of purchase, and this repair is not covered under the warranty.I would suggest you to contact your friend if he remembers the HDD password.Sorry to give you a bad news. Please be kind enough to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top and then click Submit.Regards,