Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

I have a Toshiba Satellite L850 Part No. PSKACA-03D011 Have

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Toshiba Satellite L850 Part No. PSKACA-03D011
Have a plugged in, not charging message. When I remove the power plug from the laptop it stops working instantly. I have googled this issue and have uninstalled the battery driver, removed the battery etc. Nothing seems to work.
Have tested the power adapter voltage at 19.43 volts and have even fitted a new battery.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Let me clarify,

Your laptop runs on the battery power only and the charger doesn't charges the battery.

Can you please remove the battery and try to turn ON the computer with only the charger connected ?

This might seem silly to you but I want you to try it and tell me the results.

Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes laptop starts and runs without the battery

Did you check the metallic contacts on the laptop where the battery's metallic contacts touches ?

Did you try cleaning the metallic contacts on the laptop using a lint-free cloth ?

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the contacts are clean and appear to be in normal operating order.

I suspect its a hardware problem.

As a last resort I want you to try updating your laptop BIOS. It solves 80% of the battery issues.

Please go to this link to download the BIOS of your laptop: http://tinyurl.com/koo8pw9

After the download completes, run the download to install the update.

Tell me if it makes any difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Theres an error message appearing when I try to run that update saying that's it not for my notebook.

Would you like me to remote in to your computer and work on the issue directly ?

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and you can stop any time using your mouse. And we have an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403