Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a b130 laptop. Is it or can It be made wifi capable.

I have a b130 laptop. Is it or can It be made wifi capable. Service tag #73wrw91, express service code XXXXXXXXXXX

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. Standby I am working on your question now and I am looking up it's information.

Yes you can have a wireless card put into this computer. First you would need of course the wireless card which to give you an idea can be found on ebay. This is a link for the wireless card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Inspiron-1300-2200-6000-8600-9200-9300-Wireless-Card-K3444-0K3444-/261274088216?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item3cd5263318

I am also sending you instructions on how you would need to put one in or replace it. This is a link to the service manual. You will need adobe reader to view this which can be downloaded at www.adobe.com. Here is the link for your machines service manual.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1300x_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

You would need to go down to where it says removing a mini PCI card. Of course if you do need assistance you can always have someone do it for you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let my Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have replaced the card. Is there any further action I need to take to activate the WiFi?

No just make sure you have a good wireless signal and you should be able to connect your computer to your wireless internet service provided by your internet service provider or your wireless router and you should be able to connect.