Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I got the Lenovo IdeaPad Z500. Took it out the box but it

I got the Lenovo IdeaPad Z500. Took it out the box but it doesn't start. When I push the on button it lights up for a second and then dies.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I am ready

Shefin :
Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Customer:

How do I remove the battery?

Shefin :

Please wait.

Shefin :

Please check the bottom of the computer for a battery latch.

Customer:

There is no latch - just some screws which I don't want to loosen.

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Have you just purchased the computer?

Customer:

Yes two days ago. Perhaps I should just take it back tomorrow.

Shefin :

Do you get any display or beep sounds while presing the power button?

Customer:

A slight beep when pushing the button but no display. I can hear the CD drive testing and then it dies.

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Shefin :

Check all power connections, and remove any power strips and surge protectors to connect the AC adapter directly to the AC power outlet.

Shefin :

Verify the AC power source is working by attaching another device to the outlet.

Customer:

Done and done

Customer:

Hi Shefin. I am going to take this one back to the store. THanks for your help.

Shefin :

If we are unable to remove the battery as other laptops, the battery might be internal.

Shefin :

If so, we cannot try a power drain.

Shefin :

In that case, we cannot try anything because the computer is brand new.

Shefin :

You will easily get a replacement for this.

Shefin :

If we do anything, you might not get a replacement.

Shefin :

So, it is better to contact the store in order to get a replacement.

Shefin :

I apologize for the inconvenience cuased to you.

Shefin :

The power LED goes after two seconds. Right?

Shefin :
Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience: Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer