Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Old and new, laptops and desktops. I repair and refurbish them all. I know the inner workings very well.
59162784

How do i remove a user account from a samsung laptop

Category: Laptop
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

JBryan42 :

Are you logged into the account that you are trying to remove?

JBryan42 :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. At the conclusion of today's session, I ask that you please rate based on the service you receive, not based on the circumstances. I do not receive compensation unless you rate at least 3/5. If you are considering rating 1 or 2, please let me know so that I can improve your satisfaction or allow me to opt out so another expert can better assist you. Now, let's get to your question.

Customer:

Hi are you there

JBryan42 :

I am now

Customer:

so am i . do you have an answer for my question?

JBryan42 :

Customer:

yes

JBryan42 :

Ok. You'll need to log out of that account and log in using the account that you want to remain. Also, the account that remains must have administrator privileges.

Customer:

i dont want it to remain i want to remove it completely because i am returning the laptop

JBryan42 :

What I'm saying is that you need to delete the account that you want to delete, from the account that you want to remain. If you don't want any account defined then you'll need to reinstall the operating system.

Customer:

how do i do that

JBryan42 :

Which option?

Customer:

reinstall the operating system

JBryan42 :

What is the model number of the laptop?

Customer:

where do i find this

JBryan42 :

If it's not printed on the keyboard panel, then it will be on a label on the bottom of the laptop.

Customer:

C24VC-87JDX-KG7Y2-7MG3Q-F33CD Is this it

JBryan42 :

No, that's your Windows Product Key. It should say "Model No" next to it.

Customer:

It does not say a model no: the only other no is: BA68 05408A is this it?

JBryan42 :

Give me just a minute

JBryan42 :

Is this a laptop, tablet, or netbook?

Customer:

laptop

JBryan42 :

Ok. Still looking.

JBryan42 :

Did the laptop come with a Windows 7 Restore Disc?

Customer:

is that the same as a recovery disc

JBryan42 :

Yes

Customer:

yes it did

JBryan42 :

Very good. Then all you need to do is to put the disc in the drive, reboot the latop and follow through with the complete recovery. Then it will be set back to "like new" condition. Of course, this also means you won't be able to log back on to JustAnswer once you're done, unless you have another computer that you can log on from.

Customer:

yes i have another computer that i can log on from

JBryan42 :

Ok, great. Give that a try and if you run into any problems (it's pretty straightforward though so you should be all set) just log on from the other computer and let me know where you're running into trouble.

Customer:

oh i forgot thsi laptop does not have a cd drive

JBryan42 :

Ok, so then it's a netbook. In that case, turn off the netbook, then when you turn it back on start tapping the F10 key about one time every second until you get to the recovery menu. Then follow through the recovery from there.

Customer:

ok thanks will give it a go

JBryan42 :

Alright. You shouldn't have any troubles. But if you do, I'll be around all day.

Customer:

thanks

JBryan42 :

Good luck

JBryan42 :

Please note that JustAnswer/Pearl does not pay the experts anything at all. We do not earn a salary. The only way we are paid is if you rate my service as one of the top three. If this helps, please don't forget to rate my service (Excellent is most appreciated). It has been a pleasure working with you. Contact JBryan42 anytime you need help. And remember, Tips and positive feedback are ALWAYS appreciated!

Customer:

i have tried this several times and so has my daughter it is not working?

Customer:

i have tried this several times and so has my daughter and it is still not working?

Customer:

sorry did not realise i had sent the first message

JBryan42 :

Is it not coming up with the recovery option?

Customer:

no its not

JBryan42 :

Ok. Let me see if I can find another way to access it.

Customer:

ok thank you

JBryan42 :

Ok. here we go:

JBryan42 :

1. Click "Start" and then "All Programs."
2. Click "Samsung," and then click "Samsung Recovery Solution." Click "Samsung Recovery Solution" again to launch the Samsung Recovery Solution program.
3. Click "Restore," and then select "Complete Restore."
4. Click the empty circle to the left of "Complete Initial Status," and then click "Next." The computer will automatically restart.
5. Click "Agree" when the licensing agreement appears on the screen.
6. Click "OK" after the computer restarts to begin the restoration process. When the process is complete, a dialog box will appear on the screen telling you the process is complete and that you can click "OK" to restart the computer. Click "OK." When the computer restarts you can begin setting up Windows.

JBryan42 :

Let me know if you need anything

Customer:

Thank you very much it has worked

JBryan42 :

Very good! Glad to hear it. :)

JBryan42 :

JBryan42 :

Please don't forget to come back and rate my service. It would be very much appreciated.

Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Old and new, laptops and desktops. I repair and refurbish them all. I know the inner workings very well.