michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Notebook and Handhelp support expertise

My laptop says: No bootable device , press any key and insert

My laptop says: No bootable device , press any key and insert boot disk.
What can I do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

michelleclive :

Hi, this is Michelle and i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

turn off laptop. take battery out as well as unplug the power cord to ensure that no power source is connected to the computer.

hold and press the power button of the laptop for 5-6 seconds.

then turn on the laptop on with both battery and adapter plugged in and see if it makes any difference.,

michelleclive :

also try the below

restart and tap the f12 key..in the menu select the hard drive..hdd option and press enter

michelleclive :

let me know the status

Customer:

It doesn't do nothing.

michelleclive :

restart and tap the f2 key..you will reach a bios screen..go to boot\boot sequence option

set the hard drive as first boot device..save changes and exit

michelleclive :

laptop will restart..let me know the status

Customer:

which one is the hard drive: Ideo:... Ide1... USB FDD... USB HDD...

michelleclive :

do you see nay option like ide hdd..or sata/pata

let me know all options you see on screen

Customer:

1. USB CDROM

2.IDEO: Toshiba...

3. IDE1

4. USB FDD

5.Network boot : ...

6. USB HDD

michelleclive :

can you list the complete entry for option 2 the one that says toshiba

Customer:

IDEO: TOSHIBA MK645GSX

michelleclive :

ok set option 2 ide0 as the first device

save changes and exit

Customer:

It doesn't work...

michelleclive :

is there any cd in the cd drive

Customer:

no

michelleclive :

ok..

michelleclive :

did the laptop fall or get a physical jerk

Customer:

no. I had transported in but in a case made for it but it didn't fall. It was on my desk when it started to bugg.

michelleclive :

ok..seems the laptop is unable to detect the hard disc...though its getting shown up in bios screen..

michelleclive :

restart and tap the f12 key

let me know what options you get on screen

Customer:

in the boot manager I have:

1. IDEO:TOSHIBA MK645GSX

2. Network boot: MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ892AS

3.Network Boot: LEGACY PCI DEVICE

In the InsydeH20 Setup Utility, I still have the same option as before

michelleclive :

ok on f12 menu if you select option 1 and press enter what happens

Customer:

nothing

michelleclive :

is the laptop within warranty

Customer:

yes

michelleclive :

great

let me know the make of the laptop

Customer:

the what?

michelleclive :

the brand i mean..toshiba dell..acer etc

Customer:

acer

michelleclive :

ok

michelleclive :

the problem as per my diagnosis is with a corruption in master boot record of hard drive

michelleclive :

the hard drive is not getting detected\read

Customer:

ok.. so what sould I do about that?

michelleclive :

if we open the laptop to reseat the hard drive, the warrnaty would get void

michelleclive :

as its within warranty, you can get the hard disc replaced within warranty cover

michelleclive :

need to call at 1-866-706-2237

michelleclive :

either hard drive or its cable has an issue and would get replaced\repaired within warranty

michelleclive :

let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

do you know how long it will take?

michelleclive :

usually takes 2-3 days dependig on parts availability..the service center would let you know about the expected time in which they would repair and return

michelleclive :

"Please rate the chat with a positive smiley if the information you got from me was helpful; else in case the above information was not helpful,instead of rating bad or poor please let me know so that i may assist you further on the issue"

Customer:

Thank you for your help.

michelleclive :

thanks for choosing just answer..you may rate now

Experience: Notebook and Handhelp support expertise