Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

my toshiba laptop will not turn on. the battery light flashes

my toshiba laptop will not turn on. the battery light flashes briefly. i believe that the power became disconnected and it ran on battery until the reserve was exhausted. what to do?

Shefin :

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Shefin :

Please let me know when you are ready.

Shefin :

Are you there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am ready to discuss my problem

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged. Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.) Release the power button and plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in). Normally power on the notebook.

Check if you are getting any response from the computer, like fan, any LEDs or anything. If you got nothing even a blink from the LEDs, the issue might be with the Adapter. Please try another Adapter and check if the issue persists.

Please remove the Adapter and insert the battery. If the issue is not with the battery, you will get even a blink from the LEDs or the power switch.

So, I would suggest you check another AC Adapter with the computer.

If the issue persists or you have any questions, please let me know. If the response was helpful, please remember to RATE my service with 3-5 STARS OR a Smiley face, before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time.

If you feel unsatisfied or the issue persists, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY tab with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I already found the troubleshooting technique you suggested on the Toshiba site while I was awaiting your response.

That is alright. Please follow the suggestion, and try resolving the issue.

Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did try the suggestion. It did not resolve the problem.

Please insert the Adapter ONLY and let me know the response you are getting from the computer, even if just blinks the power LED, or any other LEDs.

Then, insert the battery ONLY and let me know the response you are getting from the computer, even if just blinks the power LED, or any other LEDs.

Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
With the adapter only there is no response. With the battery only the battery led blinks a few times only. No other indicator lights blink.

I can assure that the issue is with the AC Adapter. Please get a new Adapter in order to get the issue resolved.

Thank you.
S H E F I N