Andy, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Exp. in repair of all laptop issues : software and hardware.

HP Pavilion g6 Laptop will not power up. Took battery out

HP Pavilion g6 Laptop will not power up. Took battery out and replaced....nothing. Took battery out and plugged in charger without battery...nothing. When AC Adaptor is plugged in, green light is on on the adaptor and there is a white light on next to input on laptop - still no power. Any suggestions?
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Please do the following carefully and let me know result :

1. Shutdown and Unplug your laptop.

2. Remove the battery from the laptop.
3. Wait 2-3 minutes
4. Now press ON (power button on laptop) for 1 minute
5. Then release the finger and wait one more minute.
6. Now plug in the power cable (dont insert battery yet) and press ON button.
7. Did your screen start working now ? (do you see windows loading)

Let me know how it goes via the REPLY TO EXPERT button

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Went through that process but it still isn't powering up

Now, first make sure that the power adapter / cord is fine and is giving right output voltage. If the adapter is broken it will not charge up the laptop and so you can see this behavior. Same thing can happen if the power jack in the laptop is broken.

Only when its confirmed that power adapter and power jack is not bad, do as stated further.

What we just did is, we drained all charge from your motherboard. But it still didnt work.

Now you can check these things :
1. Try re-inserting the RAM (memory modules) - do this first. Ram is located on back of laptop under a lid and you will have to open couple screws to reach it.
2. Bios battery. It is a button type battery located on the motherboard inside your laptop. Replace it with new one.

If this doesnt work out than its possible that the BIOS has got corrupted. You should get it flashed by taking it to some repair shop.

If this doesnt work, than your motherboard or ram is damaged. You need to get it repaired or replaced. I would suggest you to take quotes from few places because sometimes replacement is cheaper than repair.

If its under warranty, contact HP's customer support for free repair.

In anycase do not spend more than $250 in getting it repaired because it will be a better investment to buy new laptop as computer prices are at all time low.

I am very sorry for giving you bad news, but unfortunately this is the only honest answer.

Let me know if you need further information.

Please remember to rate my answer only when you are 100% satisfied.

IF you feel the need to click either "Bad" or "Poor", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.