lifesaver_333
lifesaver_333, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
16528259

my samsung notebook starts but then I get a black screen with

Customer Question

my samsung notebook starts but then I get a black screen with the curser. Can you help?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  lifesaver_333 replied 2 years ago.

lifesaver_333 :

lifesaver_333 :

Welcome to Justanswer

lifesaver_333 :

What is the samsung notebook model ?

lifesaver_333 :

u there>

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry other computer timed out. It has NP-N220_HAT1AU written on the back
Ok.

Push the power button until the laptop turns off completely. Wait for all lights to stop flashing.

Unplug the power cord and all peripherals connected to the machine.

Turn the laptop over and disengage the battery cover in the back.Remove the battery pack.
Press the power button in the front again. Hold it for 60 seconds and release.

Install the battery pack back into the laptop and reconnect all cords.

Turn the laptop over and power it on.

Let me know how it goes on..

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still the same problem

Ok.

restart system and immediately when you power on keep tapping the f8 key.

Can you start the system in safe mode?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
give me a couple of minutes, if I hit safe mode it still goes to the black screen with the arrow. will try the f8 now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has come up with System Recover Options.
Ok..

first try a startup repair.

If it doesnt work try a system restore.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did the startup repair and it said it was fine. SHould I restart and check before restore?

Ok.

SImply restart the system..no need for system restore..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope still comes up with a black screen and the arrow. Restore?
Yes please.

if system restore also doesnt work restart system and tap f4 when it powers on.

See if you can access system recovery..we may need to clean swipe the system and restore to original settings(all data will be lost).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
won't let me into system restore. will restart and try f4
Ok.

Tap the F4 Key at the Samsung logo when you first power on the computer.

Click Agree to accept the Licensing Agreement.

See if you can perform a basic restore/

lifesaver_333, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
basic didn't work. Should I do a complete?
Ok..try that..

it's the Last option left. :-(
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry the complete restore is taking awhile. Will reply when done. Thanks for your patience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looks like its worked. Thankyou for all your help.
Wow.!!

Glad to have been of help. Have a great day..