Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

cant type any words on my laptop, something blocked.what is

can't type any words on my laptop, something blocked.what is it?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Did you make any change to your computer recently that may have caused this issue?

Does this issue occur in any program you try on the laptop?

Can you turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier), then check if you can type in safe mode?

In Safe Mode, can you click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred?

If needed, can you connect a USB keyboard to the laptop and see if you can type with the USB keyboard on the laptop?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
steel not working I cant connect another keyboard to laptop
Can you type in Safe MOde? Did you try different programs?

Can you get a USB keyboard and try?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LAPTOP INDICATE NUM LOCK, HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS NUM"?

Do you see the Num lock key on the laptop's keyboard?

You may have to press at the same time the two keys Fn and the Num lock key to turn on/off the number key. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HOW TO FIND THIS NUM LOCK KEY? HAVE SOME BUTTON, BUT ITS NOT WORKING.
Can you check all the keys on the keyboard? It's usually near the top. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I DO PRESSING TOGETHER NUM and FN, not working, sorry. What can i do? I really dont know what to do.....
Sorry, so you cannot type any letter or number at all.

Can you back up your files, i.e., to an external USB hard drive?

What's the brand and model of the laptop? Does it have windows 7?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes windows 7, its FUJITSU, AMILO LI 3910. i DID BACK UP . THANK U
Please go to Start, All programs, Fujitsu / Amillo / Recovery /etc. and see if you can do a factory restore.

If that does not work, turn off the computer, then turn it back on and press the key F12 when the computer logo appears on the screen in order to do a factory restore.
If that still does not work, turn off the computer, then turn it back on and press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and F11 when the computer logo appears on the screen in order to do a factory restore.

Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THE POINT IS, JUST NOW GET IT , KEY NOT WORKING, CANT USE ANY KEY ACCEPT, NAVIGATION. NO ACTION WITH TKE KEY. CAN MOVE THE ARROW, AND CLICK OK, THAT ALL. THANKS, SORRY.
Sorry, I understand, but can you just try my suggestions and see? Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I DID EVERYTHING, WENT TO FUJITSU, BUT DIDNT FIND A RECOVERY OPTION, SO DID OFF, AND ON, BUT F12 NO WORKING, ITS NOT ACTIVE , ANY KEY ITS BLOCKED, KIND OF. THANKS
Sorry, can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then open/expand Keyboards and right-click on the item under it and click on Uninstall and confirm yes. Then restart the computer and check?

If needed, can you connect a USB keyboard to the laptop to confirm if the laptop's keyboard is bad?

Do you have the windows /recovery disk?

How old is the laptop?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I DID CONECT ANOTHER KEYBOARD, IT'S WORKING, TOOK OFF THE NUM LOCK, STEEL NOT WORKING, MY LAPTOP ABOUT 3-4 YEARS OLD. THANK YOU.

You're welcome. You did try this right: can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then open/expand Keyboards and right-click on the item under it and click on Uninstall and confirm yes. Then restart the computer and check?

Sorry, this means the laptop's keyboard is bad. You can try to open the laptop and make sure the keyboard cable it is not loose. Otherwise, you need to get a new laptop keyboard and replace it:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=FUJITSU+AMILO+LI+3910+keyboard

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Keyboards-Mice-Pointing-/3676/i.html?_nkw=FUJITSU+AMILO+LI+3910+keyboard

Thank you.