Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

When I start my ASUS laptop, I get and ACMON Error: Chameleon

When I start my ASUS laptop, I get and ACMON Error: Chameleon Engine out of Service. Have gone to ASUS support and do not find a solution.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

What's the exact model of the Asus laptop?

Does it have windows 7?

Can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then check if your System type: is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ASUS Notebook K53E series. 64 bit operating system. The browser is Internet Explorer not Netscape.
Please go to the website
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K53E&p=3&s=295
, then select your OS - Win 7 64-bit
, then click on "Utilities (35)"
, then click on Global under "ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology" to install it.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Didn't work. Downloaded the fix. It starts but freezes. I have tried deleting the program. I have tried installing it. In both cases, it starts, the freezes. I have waited for as long as an hour for it to continue, but it does not.
Were you able to delete the program?

Do you have the asus support CD disk you can install?

Can you click Start, then type msconfig and press Enter. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer, and check?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay. That worked. No ACMON Error. What now?
Great. That's it. If you have any further question, please let me know. Thank you.