Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist

Everytime I restart my acer desktop computer, the Acer eRecovery

Customer Question

Everytime I restart my acer desktop computer, the Acer eRecovery Management screen appears. I don't have a disk to reset and I contacted Acer and they gave me some lame answer about the computer being out of date or something.

I can't get into safe mode or anything.

How can I get the Acer eRecovery Management off my computer and get my computer to work again?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Ok so basically windows no longer loads and it just does the e recovery manager correct? Does it give any options at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Ok when you first turn the computer on does it ever give any options also when attempting the ALT + F10 what happens?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I first turn on the computer is shows a white Acer screen with Del:Enter Setup and F12:Boot Menu at the bottom of the screen. But that screen disappears very quickly and a greenish screen comes up that says "Acer eRecovery Management." When I click on "Restore System to Factory Default" and error comes up that says, "Cannot format the object drive. Press OK to Return" then I press ok and the computer restarts the same process over again.

I am ready to throw the computer out the window and then go outside and beat it with a baseball bat. I'm under a lot of stress!

If you can help me fix this I will totally pay the $38. I am a teacher and I have to finish a grad course THIS weekend to get recertified to teach or I will not have a job next year.

I really need to get my desktop working to scan some documents and use my printer. I am using my laptop right now. I tried to connect the scanner to my laptop but that did not work.

I really need the desktop and cannot afford a new one right now and I am running out of time!

Please help as I will also have to pay to fix the window when I throw the computer through it!

Sounds like there is a problem with the recovery partition. Did you by chance also burn the recovery software for this machine?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I did not. I do not have any disks to use for recovery.

That's not good because the software is going to be needed I can tell you how to get them if you would like unless you have a windows disk for the machine that's going to be the only to fix this programming problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a windows disk. But, when I just restarted the computer and held down ALT and tapped F10, a blue screen came up that said "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect damage to the computer." It also says something about checking the disc space on the computer and something about disabling BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing. I have no idea what this is all about but could this maybe help me?
That confirms the problem. I can give you a link to the site and you would need to put in the information and a new and perfect repair and recovery disk can be sent to you to fix this.

Here is the link that will fix the issue they are pretty fast on shipping. http://us-store.acer.com/rcd/

Please don't forget to leave good feedback and click on accept answer.Have a great day.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The site said recovery media is not available for the serial number I entered. Point blank, do I need a new computer or is there anything else I can do?
There is something else you can do. You could purchase a copy of windows and use the website to download your drivers. What version of windows are you using?