ComputEngineer
ComputEngineer, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 10 years of experience
23822421

why my HP 2500 caps lock and scroll light keep on blinking

Customer Question

why my HP 2500 caps lock and scroll light keep on blinking continuously without entering to the window. i need solution on how to fix the problem right now.
you can also email me the solution to my email:[email protected]
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ComputEngineer replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

What's the exact model number of your computer? Also, is it a Pavillion?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES, IS A PAVIIILLION
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PRODUCT HP PAVILLION TX2500Z
S/N 3CX8490V8H,
P/N KD480DAAR#ABA
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER TO CALL YOU RIGHT NOW
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry the problem is this (why my HP 2500 caps lock and Num lock light keep on blinking continuously without entering to the window). i need solution on how to fix the problem right now
OK. Please make sure the CD drive has no disc inside.

Then please follow the steps below:

1- Restart the computer and immediately press F8 repeatedly (before the windows logo appears), until you get the Boot Menu.

2- Choose "Safe Mode" and press ENTER

3- Wait for windows to be completely loaded

4- Restart your computer on normal Mode.

Does it work at least in safe mode?

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Even if you have a subscription, please scroll down and click the green "Accept Answer" button so I can get compensated for my time by JustAnswer

Thank you very much!

John C.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I HAVE NOT RECEIVE THE ANSWER YET
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I DID IT AS YOU SAID BUT IS NOT WORKING

OK, have you changed anything recently? Like the hard drive, or memory sticks, etc?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
SOORY, I DID NOT WORK. THE PROBLEM OF MY HP PAVILION 2500 IS THAT CLOSE TO THE CAPS LOCK AND NUM LOCK KEEP BLINKING LIGHT CONTINOUSLY WITHOUT STOP. AND AS A RESULT OF THIS, THE LAPTOP COULD NOT START OR BOOT UP

If the lights are continuously blinking, that means there is an internal problem with the computer, it may be the hard drive, the memory sticks or even the motherboard.

In order to fix this, you need to take the computer to a service repair store. If your computer is still in warranty (or extended warranty) please call HP at 1-800-HP-INVENT

If the computer is out of warranty, you can take it to any local computer repair store.

Thank you

John C.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I HAVE TRIED IT. IT DID NOT WORK