Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a probook 4530s ..How do I turn on the wireless capability

Customer Question

I have a probook 4530s ..How do I turn on the wireless capability and WI-FI?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 4 years ago.

There is a wireless button/light near the upper left corner above the keyboard that you can press to turn on/off the wireless:
graphic
graphic

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no that did not help... when i press the number 5 button it only disables or turns on bluetooth and does nothing for Wi-Fi which is disabled and off
Sorry, that's strange. Try looking for any other switch/button. Please check at the left, right, and front sides of your laptop to see if there is a wireless button/switch to turn on/off the wireless. If there is no wireless switch, please press at the same time the two keys Fn and the wireless icon key (which is located at one of the function keys from F1 to F12) to turn on/off the wireless.

You can also try to download and update the network/wireless drivers at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=5060882⟨=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5060880

If that does not work, it looks like the wireless hardware is bad; according to the manual starting about page 10; that's where the wireless button is:
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03054480/c03054480.pdf

Can you get a USB wireless adapter from your local computer store and try:
https://www.google.co m/#q=usb+wireless+adapter&hl=en&prmd=imvnsra&sa=X&ei=xO92T9L-O6_XiAKAqcCnDg &ved=0CFwQpwUoAA&tbs=cat:290%2Cpdtr0%3A709607|709608%2Cpdtr1%3A734889|734890%2Cprice%3A1%2Cppr_min%3A11%2Cppr_max%3A25&tbm=shop&tbo=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=9cd6a65da2c9d75f&biw=1350&bih=893

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but what you suggest doesnt help... I am not satisfied so I will need to take my problem to a shop... I do not want to get charged for your service becaus it did not help me.
Sorry about that, I will cancel this; please let me know how it goes later. Thanks.