Andy, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Exp. in repair of all laptop issues : software and hardware.
16465236

Hi ,How do i unlock my Sony VAIO laptop as i forgot the password

Customer Question

Hi ,How do i unlock my Sony VAIO laptop as i forgot the password XXXXX Have tried to type it hundred times.Thanks .
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 2 years ago.

Can you make sure the CAPS lock and NUM lock keys are off?

Does the laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7?

Thank you.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

Now Windows Vista has a very strong encryption for passwords. So its not easy to hack into it.

But there is one solution to retrieve password. Goto this website and follow the steps. All steps are explained on their website.

http://www.loginrecovery.com/

Do let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
need to get cd and it takes me half an hour is that ok for you to wait ?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Sure, take your time.

If this does not work, please try Oprahack tool (free) and see if this works for you.

Goto this link for instructions : LINK

If this does not work, you need to perform system recovery on your computer. This will take it to its original factory settings. Recovery can be done in two ways as explained below.

It can be done be two ways as explained below :

1. Do system restore using built in recovery partition. Some vaio models have it.

STEPS ::

1. Close all open programs and turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect all network connections.
  3. Disconnect all peripheral devices.
  4. Turn on the computer.
  5. When the VAIO screen is displayed, press the F8 key.
  6. At the Advanced Boot Options screen, ensure Repair Your Computer is selected and press the ENTER key.
  7. In the System Recovery Options window, under Select a keyboard layout: , click the Next button.
  8. Under To access recovery options , next to User name: , click the down arrow , and click to select an account with Administrator rights.
  9. Next to Password: , type the appropriate password XXXXX this account.
  10. Click the OK button.
  11. Under Choose a recovery tool , click on : Windows Complete PC Restore

2. If you are unable to perform above instructions then it means that her vaio doesnt have the recovery partition or else it is corrupted. In this case you will have to buy a Sony vaio recovery disc for your specific model. Then contact Sony at :
1-239-768-7691
Toll Free Service: 1-800-488-SONY (7669)
Mon - Fri 9:00AM - 10:00PM EST
Sat 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST
Sun 12:00PM - 6:00PM EST

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
geez , cannot get cd as they had dvd only .
also I've tried to press F8 as have had similar instruction from friend but it didn't work .nothing happened .
sorry to waste your time but feel am not able to do it this way and have to take the laptop to the service .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

You can used an external USB DVD Drive ... you can borrow or buy it from any computer store.

Andy, Computer Engineer
Experience: Exp. in repair of all laptop issues : software and hardware.

There is another recovery option that may work for sony computers. Please turn off the Sony laptop, then turn it on and press the key F10 when the Sony/Vaio computer logo appears on the screen in order to do a factory restore.

Please reply and let me know if it works or not. Thank you.