Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

my hp 6530b laptop has a black screen. When I turn it on it

Customer Question

my hp 6530b laptop has a black screen. When I turn it on it revs up

and on the top bar where you turn on the computer, in between the internet signal that is yellow and the volume icon that is blue, 2 locks appear, flash and then leave the bar.

no picture just a black screen .Can you tell me how to fix it? Please?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 2 years ago.

Did you try connecting only the charger (no battery) and turn on ?

Does the laptop make any noise when turning on?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes I just tried that and the battery in not in the computer. The lock icon A and lock icon 1 appeared again , same as last time and then blinked and then disappeared.

I just tried and the same lock icon A and lock icon 1 appeared in the bar , blinked a couple of times and disappeared. Still making high revving sound as soon as I click the on button

Please try this: remove charger and battery, then remove some screws at the back/bottom of the laptop, then remove all the RAM memory sticks and reconnect only one stick and reconnect the charger, and turn on and check. (If needed, try only the other stick and check.)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a little freaked out at understanding what the ram memory sticks are. I have removed two panels on the bottom of the computer and there are two green circuit bards that are connected with more screws under one area in the middle of the computer near the battery.

Then there is a silver colored plated circuit panel that has the numbers 1,2,3 on a sheet of paper identifying some parts inside?.

I think you would like me to try and remove the green panels that are connected to wires and I am afraid that the wires will break if I try and remove them. You suggest I take out one of the circuits?/sticks by removing the screws? It is unclear to me how to get this out of the bed of the bottom of the computer. Are you suggesting it slides out easily after taking out screws? One of the panels does not seem to be removable ; i am afraid of breaking it
What negative damage can I do with trying to do this if ?

And then what do I do?
You can click below for the steps/illustrations for how to remove/replace RAM memory sticks:
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01506643/c01506643.pdf

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the guide does not look like what I have on my bottom of my computer. I have three panels open on the bottom and none of what is inside the black plastic cover resembles what is described in the website drawing. I can not even tell if it is the tiny rectangle the "almost" rectangle one with the the 2 green panels,or if it is the third panel which has the silver clad unit under the plastic cover.
Sorry, you can also check the full service manual at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3687446#3
; that's what I found on the hp website:
; you can check for all covers at the bottom and remove them and see if you see the RAM memory sticks.
; this is a hardware issue, so if you cannot find/remove the memory, you can check with your local computer store. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you did not repair computer . You gave me info that was not relevent to my computer. YOu told me to take it to hardware store. I did. I spent $100 to fix it there. Do not need your advise any more
Sorry, it is technical, but it should be simple; you just need to remove a small cover on the back of the laptop in order to remove the memory (try removing each small cover as needed); here is a video for removing memory stick from a laptop in general:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yirNejnzbEM&feature=player_embedded#!
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Look you did not help me gave me wrong info and I will never accept your answer. Stop bugging me
Sorry, I did provide the information from HP website itself. I will cancel this. Thanks.