ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.

I have a acer aspire one and I forgot the administrator password.

Customer Question

I have a acer aspire one and I forgot the administrator password. I didn't make a copy of it on the USB flash drive. How can I get in?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to help you today.

If you can't remember the password XXXXX unlock the machine, you really only have two options.

First what you are going to want to do is try using a password cracker, which is a program that will attempt to bypass Windows' security and clear the password XXXXX you. You will need to create the disc on another computer and then attempt to boot from it on the computer you're having the problem with. One password XXXXX that is easy to use is called PC Login Now.

You can find a complete step-by-step guiding to downloading and using PC Login Now by clicking the following link:

IMPORTANT: You MUST follow the guide step-by-step to be successful, so make sure to read through it very carefully.

If you're not successful with PC Login Now then you can find a list of other free password XXXXX programs at the following link:

If that doesn't resolve your issue, then I'm afraid that what you'll have to do is reinstall Windows either via the recovery discs that were supplied by the manufacturer (or recovery partition, if your machine is equipped with one) or by using an original Windows installation disc. This will allow you to set the system back up from scratch and create a new account.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know. And please remember to click the ACCEPT button for me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it seems that I got to the acer erecovery manager not sure how... so I think I will be ok, it has been loading or "restoring for an hour and a half now but I think it will be fine.

thanks for your help

Expert:  ChrisC replied 4 years ago.
No problem. Glad to hear you seem to be on the right track. Have a good night!