Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Laptop issues? Wifi issues, replacing internal parts? Let my 14 years of experience help you tackle the toughest issues.
62669195

I am constantly getting messages that my SyncUp has stopped

Customer Question

I am constantly getting messages that my SyncUp has stopped working. Can you help please. I only have my new laptop for about 2 months and I think that the SyncUp sofware did not install properly
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i am still waiting

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Lindie-Moderator replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX expert here on JustAnswer.com

How are you doing today? I would love to help you with your SyncUp issue.

Can you tell me what kind of computer this is. I did a little research and SyncUp seems to be a software included with a Dell is this correct?

Let me know what happens exactly when it crashes and what you are doing at the time

Thank you,

Jeremy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jeremy,

yes its a Dell laptop. For clarity my system etc does not 'crash'. A message box appears stating that my SyncUp has stopped working and the only two options are:

1. Check online for a solution and close the programme

2. Close the programme

Laptop is Dell Inspiron N7110 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Problem seems to occur at any time - for example on a web site, looking at photos, looking at video content etc.

My feeling is that this aspect of the software did not install properly in the first place as it has never worked (got laptop about 2 months ago). I am not really bothered about having syncup on my PC but I do want to get rid of the error box messages.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 years ago.
Hi No problem John lets try this. This will also speed up your new computer significantly.

Hold the Windows key (looks like a flag on the keyboard) and press R

In the Runbox type msconfig and push enter

Now Click the Startup Tab.

Press the DISABLE ALL button

Next click the Services Tab.

Check the "Hide Microsoft Items box"

Press DISABLE ALL once again.

Press APPLY and OK

If it asks to reboot do so, if you receive a message saying your computer is in selective startup mode press "Do Not Show the Message again"

This should remove that error message. Let me know if you need further help John,

Thanks!
Jeremy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Jeremy,

i followed instructions. May have helped but I'm not sure until I use laptop more. It definitely is still a problem when I look at a photo in my photo library and the syncup message will always appear and will also minimise photo.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 years ago.
It still appears when you open your photo library? By chance do you use SyncUP? It's part of the Nero suite that is installed on the computer, if not we could remove it completely.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would be happy to remove syncup
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 years ago.
Lets do this

Visit http://tinyurl.com/jeremyrevo This will start a download called Revo Uninstaller. Run this file and install Revo Uninstaller.

Use this program to locate SyncUp and remove.

Keep me posted :)
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience: Laptop issues? Wifi issues, replacing internal parts? Let my 14 years of experience help you tackle the toughest issues.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think this is now working - I used the uninstalll as suggested, Thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 5 years ago.
Thats great! If you need anything let me know :)