Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

A box keeps popping up on the lower right bottom of my screen...."

Customer Question

A box keeps popping up on the lower right bottom of my screen...."using too much memory"...different #'s
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hi, and thanks for using

Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode with Networking (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred.

Next, please go to Safe Mode with Networking again, then click below and click on Download Latest Version, to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. Then scan your computer:

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the answer you gave didnt fix the problem...:(
Please try the program CCleaner to fix your computer:
download and install it, then open it, and try both the Cleaner and Registry options.

If needed, from that program try the Tools option, then click on Startup, then disable any item you do not want to start up automatically when you turn on the computer (it slows down your computer); or just disable all items, except your antivirus/security program.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i did what was told to me & the box still pops up telling me using alot of memory..kathy

a box keeps showing up in my right bottom corner of my screen..."AVG has noticed window exporer is using alot of memory".......kathy thanks
Did you try all my 3 previous suggestions?

Please click Start, (then click on Run only if available), then type msconfig and press Enter. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except your antivirus/security program. Then click on the Services tab and check the box at Hide all Microsoft services near the bottom. Then uncheck all the services, except your antivirus/security program. Then click OK, and restart the computer and check.

Thank you.