Nick H.
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience:  Mac and PC laptops: Macbooks, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, Asus,
63271161

My HP laptop has no power. It is connected to the AC outlet

My HP laptop has no power. It is connected to the AC outlet with the included adapter.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

nick821702 :

Hi

nick821702 :

I would love to assist you with this problem

nick821702 :

Are you there?

Customer :

Yes, I'm here.

nick821702 :

the battery is not working?

Customer :

The battery has low power.

nick821702 :

Can you take out the battery and unplug the power adapter from the laptop?

Customer :

Yes, I did that already and nothing happened.

nick821702 :

now hold the power button for 10-15 seconds

nick821702 :

then plug the adapter back

nick821702 :

battery still out

nick821702 :

try to power the laptop

Customer :

Did that. Lighted up for a second and then out again.

nick821702 :

What is your HP model?

Customer :

HP G71

nick821702 :

one second let me check to show you how to open up the memory

nick821702 :

did it get water damage or anything?

Customer :

No. I was still using it earlier.

nick821702 :

Let try this

nick821702 :

unplug the adapter and battery

Customer :

Done.

nick821702 :

now hold the power button for 15 seconds

Customer :

done

nick821702 :

hold agian for 8 seconds

nick821702 :

now

Customer :

done

nick821702 :

plug the adapter and try power it up

Customer :

It seems to come on and then it stopped.

nick821702 :

ok

nick821702 :

do you have a small philips screw driver?

Customer :

Yes.

nick821702 :

unplug and turn the laptop over

Customer :

ok

nick821702 :

go to this page and see the intructions on how to remove it

nick821702 :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00820047&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4035651

nick821702 :

remove the sticks out

nick821702 :

with no battery or power adapter

nick821702 :

memory removed?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
After you remove the memory sticks, hold the power button for 15 seconds. Plug in adapter and turn it on. See if comes on. If it does, unplug the adapter and put everything back. Turn it on normally.

If it doesn't turn on, it is your system board/ built-in video card failed.

You should go HP if it still in warranty or to the local computer repair to get it fixed.
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience: Mac and PC laptops: Macbooks, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, Asus,