Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

The color on my computer is not right. It has been this way

The color on my computer is not right. It has been this way for a long time and now I want to try to correct it. For example, the lenovo screen is either red or blue with red sparkles. When I use email the screen is okay.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
If you move the screen back and forth does the color change at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean physically move the screen back and forth, like closing it and then angling it back?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Yes exactly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes yes and sometimes no.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok squeeze the bottom corners of the screen below the actual display but on the plastic part. Then see if the image gets better. The problem your having happens if the inverter is failing and needs to be replaced. It is a small chip behind the plastic at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it gets loose and squeezing it like that will fix it. When it doesn't that part needs to be replaced. The part itself is pretty cheap usually around $20 or less and any local technician would be able to either get you one or replace the part for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there are four little plastic knobs on the bottom of the screen. When I push in on the two in the middle the color improves. but I can keep pressure on them. when I let go the strange colors reappear. Does this mean that the part needs to be replaced or is it just somehow out of alignment.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately that means it needs to be replaced.

Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience: Years of experience