Bernie
Bernie, Laptop Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

The Sound On My Acer Laptop Is Not Working.

Hi, I cannot get sound from my acer laptop no matter what? Could you possibly help? I have gone into settings without any luck and it was working perfectly a few hours ago.
Thanks Daniel

Please make sure that you have the volume turned all the way up in the system tray. Right click the small gray speaker icon in the system tray (lower right corner of your screen). Then select Open volume mixer. Make sure speakers and system sounds are turned all the way up.

If that doesn't work, try:

1. Right click the speaker icon in the system tray (lower right corner of your screen).
2. Select Sound
3. Select the playback tab
4. Select speakers and then click the properties button
5. Select the levels tab and make sure that Volume Control, Main Volume, Speakers, and PC speaker are turned all the way up (Please note that you may not see all of these options, just turn up the ones you do see)
5. Select the Enhancements tab if you have it
6. Check the Loudness Equalization box if that is an option
7. Check the Enable Sound Equalizer if that is an option and then the more settings button. If you want you can play around with the equalizer presets to see if that gives you better quality sound.
7. Select the SRS Audio Enchancement tab if you see it
8. Check the Enable SRS Premium Sound box
9. Press OK twice

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I went through the whole business and it is very close but still no fix.I know something is disabled within the speakers.

Before troubleshooting any further, lets try a quick system restore. This will take your computer back to a date/time when the sound was working correctly. It can be undone as well so it doesn't hurt to try it.

Go to Start > Type system restore in the search box > Select system restore from the results > Follow the prompts to restore your computer to an earlier date, try to pick one that is closest to today. Then restart the computer and let me know if the sound comes back on.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The troubleshooting report says audio device is disabled. You must know what to do. I have gone to everything and enabled but obviously not.

Hmm...did you enable it within device manager? (Click Start > type devmgmt.msc > press enter > Look for sound, video, and game controllers and double click it. Then right click and select enable for all devices there if they let you. Also tell me if you see a node that says Other devices within the device manager.