W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

I have a large oak tree that I am contemplating finding

Customer Question

I have a large oak tree that I am contemplating finding someone to drastically cutting back the top and sides of the tree. Is that possible without killing the tree?.
JA: What kind of climate are you in?
Customer: Gainesville, GA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I am 77 years old and kind ot wobbly. I would need to have a professional that knew what they were doing do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The oak is quite large and is in my front yard. It overhangs the yard and the street. Also over a good sized dogwood tree. I do not want to kill tj\he tree, just downsize it from the top and the sides.
Category: Landscaping
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is also a fully l dead pine tree that is leaning toward my neighbors tool shed this one I need to have felled back into the woods behind my home, It is about 70 feet high and appears to be rotting from thet op,
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  W. Sorgen replied 3 months ago.
Howdy. I own a tree service, and I can help you with your search for a precessional to get your job done. You say you live in Gainesville, GA?
In doing a search on the internet, I find Complete Tree Care(###) ###-####, and Monks Tree Service(###) ###-#### both come highly recommended in your area. I would call them both, and even a third tree service, and get yourself a set of estimates to choose from. Your oak can successfully be reduced by a professional tree service with the right equipment and know-how. You'll probably need a tree service that owns a bucket trucker truck to do the oak reduction properly and safely.