Andrew Fraser
Andrew Fraser, Landscaper
Experience:  B.S. Landscape Horticulture, Master Pesticide Applicator, 27 Years Green Industry Exp.
93161209

I have a couple of questions: 1) I have an RS4 unit and for

Customer Question

I have a couple of questions:
1) I have an RS4 unit and for a long time now, the display says: AIR SENSOR SHORTED. A technician told me he thinks the problem is on the "main board" and wouldn't be worth fixing. Do you have an opinion about this?
2) I recently added a new sprinkler valve to my landscaping. It would be very convenient to me if I could use my RS4 to both power and control this valve. It's a regular 24 volt valve. Do you think this would be possible and practical?
Thanks
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Andrew Fraser replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. I'll see if I can be of any help.

A replacement board is over $700 or so, and if the tech has done a thorough job of checking on connections and such simple diagnostics, yes it could be the board.

Adding irrigation to the RS line is considered OPTIONAL on the product line up however it does not disclose what additional means are required, nor could I confirm the "4" designation. It does seam possible, but a simple irrigation control box would be less hassle. I could better understand a water feature.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Andrew