W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.

I have a pear tree and two plum trees that look very

Customer Question

I have a pear tree and two plum trees that look very unhappy. Browning, droopy leafs. I am pretty sure one of the plums is a gonner. I bought neem oil and a mixing sprayer, but have not used it yet.
I am afraid that whatever is causing this may spread to all of my other fruit trees. Any thoughts?
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Martin replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Having a picture of the trees would help a lot. Did this start this year only. Did you received above average rain or was it above average hot this summer?

How are the fruit quality and size?

Any sign of hole or saw dust at the bottom of the trunks? Do you see often woodpecker around them? When was the last pruning and fertilization?