Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher
Experience:  15+ years of experience in research, verification and data collection.
53729464

I have a seven year old dwarf cherry tree. It produced its

Customer Question

I have a seven year old dwarf cherry tree. It produced its first large and excellent crop of cherries in its fifth year (2014). Since then, although it gets blossoms in the Spring, it has not produced a crop. (It did have one cherry on it last year and again this year it has one.) Also many of its branches are turning brown and seem dead for about the last 12 inches of the branch, while the lower parts of the branches have healthy green leaves. What do you think the problem is? What should I do to have it produce a crop next summer?+
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Chris,

I am going to need to research this a bit and will try and get you an answer ASAP. In the meantime I will open up the question to see if anyone may have an idea right now for you.

Thanks

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am happy to help you,

.

It sounds like you have an infestation of a Borer Worm, they will enter the tree, causing die off of certain areas of the tree. I had the same problem with a dogwood, it starts slowing like yours is doing but, over the years the tree produces less and less. In my case the tree stopped blooming. I also have cherry trees and treat them with the drench.

.

You need to do a Drench on this tree in order for the tree to absorb the insecticide from the roots, it will travel through the tree killing the borers. You can also spray permethrin, it works for all borers and any insects that may be living under the bark. This will help until the drench works through the roots. The drench product to use is: Systemic Tree and Shrub Insect Drench by Compare and save , you can also get some made by Ferti-Lome. You can get these locally at Home Depot or Lowes. Or online at Amazon.

.

As experts we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independents who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars
( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.

Let me know if you still need help with this question.

I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.

I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda