W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

What are some good drought resistant grasses?

Customer Question

Category: Landscaping
Expert:  HIC-Expert replied 9 months ago.
I APPOLOGIZE , I CANNOT SEEM TO TRANSFER THE FILE I WAS INTENDING TO FORWARD TO YOU. THERE ARE SEVERAL TYPS OF DROUGHT FAIRING GRASSES. ONE THAT I HAVE USED IN THE LOW DESERT IS A FESCUE. THE GRASS I PLANTED WAS A TALL FESCUE ANDS IT SEEMS MORE OF THE GRESS THAT DO BETTER WITH LESWS WATEWR ARE TALLER. A LOT TALLER
THERE IS A HYBRID OF A GRASS KNOWN AS BUFFALO GRASS. IT IS DENSE, GROWS VERY LITTLE, AND REQUIRES 1/2 TO 1/3 THE WATER AS TYPICAL LAWNS, AND LOOKS GREAT. I WIL TRY TO SEND YOU A PICTURE
I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO SEND PICTURE SEVERAL TIMES. IM SORRY FOR THAT. PERHAPS IT WILL TAKE A MOMENT TO PROCESS.
St. Augustine grass is a salt tolerant turf suited for subtropical, humid areas. It is widely grown in Florida and other warm season states. St. Augustine grass lawn is a compact blue-green color that grows well on a variety of soil types provided they are well drained. St Augustine grass is the most widely used warm season turf grass in the southern United States.Read more at Gardening Know How: Learn More About Using St. Augustine Grass For Your Lawn http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/specific/st-augustine-grass/st-augustine-grass.htm
THIS IS THE SAME GRASS AS ABOVE ST AUGUSTINE
OF COURSE THERE IS BERMUDA GRASS AND IT IS VERY HEARTY , BUT IT TAKES CARE TO KEEP IT LOOKING GOOD AND I DONT CARE FORM IT MICH. SELDOME HAVE I SEEN A GREAT LAWN FROM BERMUDA.
Needs far less water than other grassesThrives in blistering heat and survives the coldest wintersExcellent for slopes, play areas & tough conditionsReduces mowing to once a month or lessChokes out weeds & replaces other grassesCuts costs and chemicals & naturally resists insectsGrows incredibly thick, like a soft carpetHERE ARE SOME NAMES OF THYE GRASS AND SOME PLACES YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM.Best Grass SeedBermuda Grass SodGrass LawnLawn SeedMowing GrassFescue GrassBest Lawn FertilizerScotts LawnScotts Grass VSLawn Care OfLawn STurf LawnMowing the LawnGrass WateringTurf Grass
Zoysia Grass this is the grass i mentioned above I hope this will help you get started. there are several other verieties available. there are more new kinds af grass available now that traditionally due to drought conditions. These are cultivates, and old species with a feature from another species. They are actually new mixtures of grass , new breeds. Have fun looking.HIC Expert
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you!