W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

I just moved into a home that is located in Southern part of

Customer Question

I just moved into a home that is located in Southern part of Alabama. I've never had this problem before in my life but I think I may have moles in my yard. When I walk on my lawn the ground feels really soft in some areas. When I first moved here I thought it was the carpet grass I had but now I've noticed how it's pushed up some. I haven't seen any of the little critters yet but is there a way to really get rid of them?
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  W. Sorgen replied 8 months ago.
The best way to get rid of moles is to trap/kill them. My favorite is the spring-loaded traps that shoot spikes down.https://jet.com/product/detail/232375be6ab3454d8416bfd366bee8fc?jcmp=pla:ggl:cwin_home_garden_a3:household_supplies_a3_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&ds_c=cwin_home_garden_a3&ds_cid&ds_ag=household_supplies_a3_other&product_id=232375be6ab3454d8416bfd366bee8fc&product_partition_id=155997551340&gclid=CMGXtc7H6csCFQFsfgodJuwOug
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I live on little more than 3/4 acres. Should I expect to have a lot of them to kill. I can't seem to notice any in my neighbor's yard.