W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

I have a back yard with two Chow chows, the grass is hard to

Customer Question

Customer: I have a back yard with two Chow chows, the grass is hard to grow on it's own due to the fact the home is barried in the woods, mostly pines, I am exploring Monkey Grass, Creeping lilly turf, Asian ***** ***** or Japanese Ardesia as a possibility as I interpet them as able to grow in shaded ares easily, know I am wondering if any would hold up to the dog travel and be pleasanmt to the dogs?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, my name is***** live in central GA and have a fenced yard that is between pine trees mostly and I have spent money on seed and hay every year since the house was built in 2002. i was wondering if any of the listed turf's could work for my puppies
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ya
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landscaping
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has been over ten minutes, are you exceeding the wait times or stumped, if you are a little stumped perhaps it could be looked at and thought about and I could be contacted later, i just am asking to know?Mark
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello AgainI posted my original question before 10PM and then at 10;14 asked if you were stumped or over booked and politely gave you a chance to say you could get back with me if you were stumped so I would not half to just sit and wait. Is that not as fair as a person could be in asking for a responce he just paid for?
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Japanese Ardesia can be toxic to the kidneys if injested. Monkey grass is not significantly toxic but not a nice playground for dogs. Creeping lilly turf is the same thing as Monkey Grass (it also don't like to be distrubed by walking on it. May i know what currently grow on there as weed? Weed reveal a lot about what would grow well, you you have some pics? What is your soild, sand? clay? If both, in what proportion?