W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

Sir or Madam I have a prolific flowering passion fruit vine,

Customer Question

Sir or Madam I have a prolific flowering passion fruit vine, last year as well as now the flowers are falling off as fast as they come to shape. I feed and water them well but WHY am I loosing fruit? Thank you
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

have you tried to manually pollinate ? and do you know what variety it is ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Sir I do not know the variety. Also the vine goes over the roof and far to high for me. You are probably right re pollination bees try but NZ has a shortage of garden bees, though there are plenty of flowers around to entice them. Thank you I appreciate your response
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

No problem........ I am more than happy to share what I know on the subject.......you can easily cross-pollinate your plant with a Q-tip with just a light brushing going from stamen to stigma......Nelly Kelly and Panama Gold are the easiest to do this with, that's why I asked about the variety....... I am sure you are having a bit of a hard time with them...... and in some different climates newer plants may take up to 18 months to bear an abundance of fruit

good luck to you

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** enquire at the plant shop as to the purchasing of the Palm Gold or a like substance, then I will need to get a man who can climb up ladders or roofs. Thank you for your time and suggestions.Joyce
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

you're welcome