Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
23932409

We had a landscaper who put in artificial grass in our back

Customer Question

We had a landscaper who put in artificial grass in our back yard about a year ago. We've since asked him about it because it shows wear & tear and the method of attaching it to the ground seems strange. Its like nailed to the ground with big like studs. And it is starting to get "stringy" When we asked for the warranty on it, he;s been stalling us about it for weeks. He claims he purchased it from John Deere, I guess locally but he claims he has called the company & "they just aren't able to find the invoice". I don't believe he has been honest with us regarding the purchasing of it. That's why I am contacting you to help me I guess to either "validate or invalidate" his comments
We live in Salem Oregon
His name is Valentin & his company is West Valley Landscape I think.
Thank you for any feedback you can give me.
M. Fawcett ***@******.***
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

First of several steps will be to call these people and ask if the company holds a landscape contractors license or not, and if it is still valid.

*****NE #2-101,Salem, OR 97301

lcb.state.or.us

+1(###) ###-####/p>

If he is unlicensed or his license has been revoked let me know. Look on his invoice for a contractors license number. give that to the licensing board as well.

You should not mention the name of the company in this public venue... especially if your research discovers a problem with the company.