W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

I have palm trees in the back yard. One of my palms, they

Customer Question

I have palm trees in the back yard. One of my palms, they called it a Jamaican palm. The root of the ball was up about 25% above the ground, a lot of the bark was falling off. Tree is about 60 foot, at a slight bend, near house and pool. Do you thin a
good idea to remove. Also...I have a palm that I think was cut horizontally in error, the tree service possibly looking to remove the wrong tree. They had said this was an old cut (from where I do not know). how can I determine if they cut in error and this
is new cut. They know say I should remove the palm. Thanks *************
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  W. Sorgen replied 1 year ago.

It's time for you to consult with a professional arborist for a second opinion. You can find one by searching here:

http://www.isa-arbor.com/findanarborist/findanarborist.aspx

It can be determined if the cut in your palm is recent or old by examining the wood in the cut. They will also be able to determine if the leaning palm (palms lean all the time in nature) is hazardous.