Michael Dean
Michael Dean, Construction Worker
Experience:  Electrician
77095560

I have 35 tomatoes plants all but two are very green and

Customer Question

I have 35 tomatoes plants all but two are very green and producing I have two that are turning yellow and leaves are circling up as though they were dry plant has been watered routinely
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Michael Dean replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I will try to help you with my experience in the garden. I have many tomato plants as well and the only time I see my plants yellow is from either too much water or lack of water. Im sure you are watering early morning and towards evening. Are they spaced properly as well? I hope we can resolve this. Please check the soil. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I water every other day soil is well mulched to hold water don't know ph on soil other plants doing great. Soil seems moist 4 to 5 inches below surface. They almost look like they are dun bleached can they get too much sun
Hello,Just got the message so I apologize in the delay. Too much sun can damage a tomato plant especially in the hot areas of the country or during drought. I found parts of an article that gives you the break down of a tomato plant and why it shouldn't have too much sun or if it does you have to prepare for it. It is a nutrient/physiology issue commonly seen with small plants, especially when trying to harden them off. The leaves have a very high cholophyll to transport pathway enzyme ratio in order to squeeze as much sugar out of low light conditions as possible. When light increases the relatively dense cholophyll produces more sugar/photosynthesis products than can be loaded into the vascular system and removed from the leaf so you get a feedback loop from backed up sugars ending in chlorophyll breakdown (yellowing) and anthocyanin increase (red/purple to block light). Nitrogen is needed to produce more enzymes that move the sugars into the vascular system. Magnesium can help as well because it is a cofactor that helps the nitrogen rich enzymes function better.Basically, it helps to jack up the nitrogen in pots when you want to put little tomatoes in full sun. I hope that helps and if you have any other questions please let me know.
Thank you and good luck with the garden. I am here if you still have any questions but I do need to close the question out. Have a great day