Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

I live on a slight hill, about the middle of the hill and when

Customer Question

i live on a slight hill, about the middle of the hill and when it rains a lot the water flows past the edge of my deck and it comes up on the deck if it rains too much. I installed a 4" pipe under ground to attempt to control the water but it does little good so i am going to dig it up and just dig a small ditch about 1 foot wide and a foot deep. I want to line it with something so it will look good, maybe put some pebbles or rocks alongside it. I need some ideas about how to landscape it to look good and what to line the ditch with, can you help
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I'd line the bottom of the ditch with landscape fabric then fill the ditch with 1" stone covering the top (down a couple inches from the top of the ditch) of the stone with fabric. Then cover the fabric with more stone up to grade.