How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 9385
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 people living with me and are breaking things and

Customer Question

I have 2 people living with me and are breaking things and I'm scared they will do something to my dogs one has already kicked one of my dogs and I was wondering if I could get an emergency eviction
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: Tennessee and not yet
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: There was no lease there is no paperwork or paper trail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm worried for my fiancé and pets safety the one has anger issues and is really arrogant
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 days ago.

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 11 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear this; are you the owner of the property?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I live there
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 days ago.

Thank you;

so basically f

or landlord tenancy issues, the court will look to see if the individual resided at the residence.
For example, did they live their long term? Did they receive mail there? Were bills put in their name? Did they entertain there? Did they have another residence?

In the case of a roommate/live in relationship, that is not a guest- that is a "tenant" - that does not require a written lease, an oral agreement, or payment of rent. Rather, a long term occupant is deemed a tenant.

A tenant and a landlord both have certain obligations imposed by law.

The landlord would need to provide proper notice, and if the party fails to vacate, they would then need to legally evict; unfortunately self help eviction (lock out) is not permitted.

However, when a person is violent (or emotionally abusive) it is possible to get a protective order which typically includes a move out order when the parties live together; that avoids the eviction process; please see:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 9 days ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions