Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I received a notice of intention to impose claim on security

Customer Question

good morning, i received a notice of intention to impose claim on security deposit dated 12/24 but it was signed by my mother in Miami since I was in Las Vegas. They didn't open the letter and New Years pasted. So I was advised a few days after, unfortunately.
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: My security deposit was for $5,600.00 and the landlord is asking for another $2,280.00
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no attorney has been contacted and its rather a long story. I signed a lease for my step-son who is disabled and his wife.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: any charges for this?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question about this for us?